August 1st and 2nd: Franklin Grove “Summer Harvest Festival”
The 36th Annual Franklin Grove “Summer Harvest Festival” is a city-wide celebration of the area’s heritage with a wide variety of activities and events for all to enjoy. The event occurs Saturday August 1st and Sunday August 2nd from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM in Franklin Grove, IL. A two-day event which is a perfect place to take the family!
In addition, the festival includes a Pancake Breakfast at the American Legion building, village-wide yard sales, tours of the H.I. Lincoln Building in downtown Franklin Grove, the Franklin Grove Art Festival, the Living History Antique Equipment Show and parade, tours of the Franklin Creek Grist Mill, Nachusa Grasslands – Self-Guided Tours and other events in and around the Village of Franklin Grove.
The Franklin Grove Area Historical Society hosts many of the Summer Harvest Festival activities and events at Chaplin Creek Village. See Chaplin Creek Village come alive featuring:
- Live Blue Grass and Folk music featuring local musicians
- The Chaplin Creek Muzzle Loaders – Camp and Demonstrations
- Spear Throwing Demonstrations by the Illinois Atlatl Association
- 19th Century Prairie Village Demonstrations, including Blacksmiths, Spinners, Basketmakers, Quilters, Carvers displaying their skills
- Tours of the historic buildings at Chaplin Creek Village
For information concerning the Summer Harvest Festival, Chaplin Creek Village and the Franklin Grove Area Historical Society, including becoming a member and our other special events, please write to us at email@example.com.